Shane still doesn't really understand what birthdays are so I am sure he didn't mind that we didn't have a big party for him. Maybe next year :)
Here is a slide show of birthday pictures:
These pictures are just recent pictures of Shane.
State Fair
Unfortunately, Shane only got to ride one or two rides at the state fair because he was 1 1/2 inches too short. I was really kind of upset that they wouldn't let him on because Shane is totally big enough to handle the rides we wanted to put him on and he REALLY wanted to ride them. Oh well.
He did get to go on this huge slide a couple of times (to use up the tickets I bought). They didn't have a height requirement for this ride, just an age requirement. Yes Shane wasn't quite 2, but the teenagers taking tickets didn't ask and didn't care. Shane LOVED this slide. I have to admit it was pretty intense for me. On some of the bumps we caught some air and I definitely wasn't expecting it. Shane wanted to do it over and over again. If you click on the pictures to blow them up, you can see Shane's HUGE smile.
I turned Shane into my slave laborer (just kidding).
Shane loves to help me do dishes. He helps me unload the dishwasher and helps scrub what's in the sink. He is a great helper.
For our own memories and family history, here is a little about Shane at 2 years old:
Weight: 27lbs (40%)
Height: 35.5in (75%)
Height: 35.5in (75%)
-Speaks very little english, but is fluent in russian. At least that is what is sounds like :) We call him our little Stalin. He often starts chattering to himself like he is practicing a speech or something. He likes to use his hands while he talks (just like Adam). He does say about 10 words or so (some more consistent than others and some needing interpretation): Mom, Dad, please, cheese, Jesus, shoes, ball, door, more, yeah, no, uh-oh, dump truck... I think that might be it. Speech therapy starts this week.
-Loves to "horse around". He jumps off the couch and chairs onto the bare floor and loves it. I try to teach him he needs pillows on the ground first. He likes to stand on our bed and then just fall. He LOVES any kind of wrestling or throwing around with dad. Piggy back rides, horsey rides, chase, tickling... If he is standing on the couch and we are sitting on the flour he likes to jump on us without warning. The only way you can tell what is coming is because he stands really still for a few seconds with his arms stretched out.
-Shane is in love with the movie Cars. Curious George was his first favorite. He wouldn't watch anything else. Then it was Finding Nemo. Ever since I introduced him to Lightening McQueen, it has been love at first sight. He asks to watch it just about everyday. To let me know what he wants he points to the TV and then makes a race car sound while waving his arms by his side really fast as if he has a car in each hand and he is racing them. It is pretty funny to watch. When I smile at him and ask him if he wants to watch Cars, he starts giggling with excitement. We are currently trying to reduce our amount of movie watching. To help I bought him a lightening McQueen matchbox car (birthday present) and a Cars storybook that has buttons that make sounds on the side.
-Shane loves to be outside doing just about anything. He especially likes to help me weed. Since our backyard is fenced in, sometimes I let him go out there and play on his own while I make dinner or something. He goes out and then comes back in trying to hand me my gardening tools. I ask him if he wants me to come weed with him and again he giggles with excitement. He also likes to collect rocks and put them in dump truck or bulldozer.
-Shane is in a toddler bed now. Story and pictures to come.
-He is currently having issues with boundaries/limits. He used to stop when I asked him to if he was about to run into the street. Now he just looks back at me with an evil grin and keeps going. It terrifies me. The evil grin comes out every time he is about to do something he knows I won't like. I am just trying to be consistent with discipline. I think he is very slowly coming around. He doesn't like time-out so if I threaten him with it, he will normally stop his bad behavior.
-Not even close to potty training yet.
-Loves his sister, but occasionally does mean big brother things. Like yesterday I found him kneeling down in front of her, spitting in her face. She wasn't crying, just wincing with every blow. He thought it was pretty fun. Poor girl.
-I don't think he knows any letters, colors or shapes. :(
-Asks for more after Adam checks his ears for ear infections. :)
-Likes to help me push Makenzie in her stroller.
-Loves to give hugs and kisses. If he gives one person a hug and kiss, he has to give EVERYONE a hug and kiss.
-Is a bit of a mama's boy. He loves his daddy, but has to have me put him to bed, clean him up after meals, comfort him when he is hurt, and anything else that has to do with day to day care. He is really good about saying goodbye to dad when he has to leave, but when I leave he has a melt down. I don't think it is because he particularly attached to me; I think it is because he is so used to me doing EVERYTHING for him. Sadly, Dad isn't about to be more available.
-Can't handle being alone or doing much by himself. When he wakes up in the morning you'd think he would go straight for the toys. Nope, he walks out of his room and starts calling my name, "mom, mom, mom." If I am doing house work he will take his toys and/or books and follow me around the house and just play next to me (or stand there and whine) while I clean. When he wants to color, he wants me to color with him. He starts handing me crayons. Playing cars and trucks means he has a car/truck and I have a car/truck and we are both on our hands and knees driving them around the house. (He also likes it when "my car" starts chasing him).
No comments:
Post a Comment