looked over to see how Shane was doing and this is what I saw. (Just sitting there as still as can be, chillin' and watching us eat. Oh with a duck beak in his mouth. That will teach that duck.)
Shane is 7 months old now. It seems like the time has just flown by.
Shane has had one bottom tooth for a few weeks. There are two other teeth ( one bottom, one top) that are about to pop up any day now and one more top tooth that is on its way but will take a little longer. Pictures are currently impossible because Shane thinks we are feeding him every time we try to pull his lower lip down to see the tooth. Maybe when the teeth get a little bigger we can get a picture of a big toothy grin.
Shane still doesn't like much solid food. So far crackers, Cheerios & carrots have been the only winners. Everything else he refuses to open his mouth for. He clamps his lips shut and turns his head any way he needs to to get away from the spoon.
Shane sits up on his own, but not for very long. He doesn't have very good balance yet, so he topples over pretty quickly. Sometimes when he falls over he gets a big smile on his face and other times he just looks really surprised.
Shane likes wrestling with Dad. Wrestling consists of Adam holding Shane in close and then rolling all over the ground. I'll have to get a video of it sometime.
Adam is the only one that can really make Shane laugh. It makes me sad that I can't make him laugh, but I love to see how happy Shane is with Adam. Shane loves to play with Adam, watch him and play with his feet. It is so cute! I think he will be a daddy's boy.
okay, first of all, love the duck face. secondly, i love the description of Adam and Shane rolling around together... Eric always says it is a solemn responsibility of the Dad to be a "human jungle gym". :)
ReplyDeleteI have seen the say Shane looks at you too...and I think he loves you more than anyone else...(maybe dad is tied, but it's defintely tied!!!) Excited to see you soon. Cute pics
ReplyDeleteScottie and I decided to make our blog private, so if you could please email me, I will then email you back with an INVITE!!! Because we love when you look at our blog and know what we are up to.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Angie
shortstuff17_2003@hotmail.com
I love the duck eating shot! He's such a chillster and that is something that I hope (cross my fingers!) that my children get! I hope you guys are doing well! We need to have a get-together sometime soon so that we can catch up! :)
ReplyDelete