Where have the last 4 months gone?! I really have no idea, because when I look back we didn't do that much :) Somehow we got caught up in the day to day. Well, here are some pictures of the last 4 months to say good-bye to 2011.
The blog posts have been sparse this last year (it's been a tough year), but it's a new year right? I'm geared up for a bright, new year! This year I'm committing to living more in the moment, to make each moment beautiful. I know not many people read this blog, but those who do can look forward to a lot more posts this year! (You can support me by leaving a comment ;) )
Happy 2012!
September:
Adam started business school (He's doing an MD/MBA)
October:
Makenzie's first real Halloween! - She had a blast at the trunk or treat! Totally picked up what was happening and loved it! She couldn't say trick or treat, but she did say please, thank you and more :)
-Remember last Halloween? Well Shane wasn't crying this time. He graciously escorted Makenzie around the parking lot for the trunk or treat and was so excited to go trick or treating with dad a few days later. He was talking about Halloween for weeks after. He was technically a dragon, but everyone thought he was the cutest dinosaur around ;)
Pictures: Our pumpkins (Shane and I did the Jack Skellington one); Makenzie's cheese for the camera and showing off her pretzel eating skills; Shane freaking out about getting his hands messy; Shane the dragon and Makenzie the princess (Shane wanted Makenzie to be a princess so he could capture her.)
November:
Shane started a 1x/week preschool class and LOVED it.
Mom loved it too because it helped him decide he could go potty all by himself :) He can't wait to go back
Thanksgiving on our own -
Adam smoked us a yummy Turkey!
Pictures: Kids with a smoothie mustache (the kids love mustaches from any liquid); Shane pretending to be Walle the Robot; the kids love wearing their swim goggles.
December:
Makenzie started Nursery at Church!
Adam had almost a whole month off from School!
-He worked A LOT, but played with us too.
Christmas Here in Ohio:
It was a pretty low key holiday, but fun. Shane loved the lights on all the houses. Shane and Makenzie both loved the Christmas tree and were sad when it was taken down. I made my very first pumpkin pie.





Very good job on the catch up post! Your kids are adorable!
ReplyDeleteKeep the posts a comin...very cute
ReplyDeleteCute kids, I still wished the "torched princess" costume worked.
ReplyDeleteLove it. Makenzie is getting so big! How can it be?!?! SOOOOO excited to see you next month. I cannot tell you. So excited. Please stay for forever. :)
ReplyDeleteYay! A post! I love the goggles pictures and the halloween costumes. What a darling family you have Amber!
ReplyDelete