I'll start by giving a little background. Shane likes milk. Shane drinks LOTS of milk. Shane gets constipated from milk. Shane sits on toilet for 30min "trying" to relieve his constipation. Shane likes to read magazines on the toilet just like Dad :)
Today Shane was sitting on the toilet. He wanted me to stay with him, so I grab my National Geographic magazine and try to get comfy (ha!) on the bathroom floor. Shane asks me to read it to him. After awhile of no "action" on Shane's part I hand over the magazine and tell him I'm going to go help Makenzie.
I clean Makenzie up from lunch, read her some stories, sing some songs and put her to bed all while Shane is reading National Geographic on the toilet. When I come back I suggest he tries again later; he agrees. I agree to let him take the Makenzie to bed with him for quiet time. I even offered to let him pick out a different one (the issue he was holding was about blood diamonds). This was his response to my offer, "No, I found girls."
What?! I was so confused. First, by what on earth that meant he saw in National Geographic. Second, by his interest in a picture of girls. (I could've sworn interest in girls wasn't supposed to hit till puberty.) Shane tells me he'll show me a picture. So we skim the pages for these girls he found. Near the end of the magazine I find a picture of three girls about the age of 5-6, dressed as if they belong on the show "Toddlers and Tiaras" with up-dos, heavy make-up and sparkly dresses. Shane confirms to me that those are the girls he found. Then he asks me what their names are. He seems to be quite captivated and curious about these girls. Maybe because they are his age, maybe because they are dressed funny compared to most girls he sees, who knows. I told him i didn't know their names. Then he started making suggestions using names from girls at church. I left him in his bed staring at the girls he found. :) Silly kid.
Update: This is the picture:
As I was loading this picture Shane tells me "They look silly."
Interesting, that is not what he told me last time ;)
LOL, he's got a crush on magazine chicks! You should cut them out and make him a 'pin up' for his wall! :P
ReplyDeleteSuch a cutie!
ReplyDelete