Tuesday, February 15

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was practically just like any other day around here. Adam was studying for a test at the end of the week, so the rest of us just continued with our regular stuff like normal. Looking back I wish I had made the day into something more special even if Adam couldn't be apart of it. I'm not very creative so I'll have to start looking for ideas for next year :)

However, there were a few sweet, unforgettable moments. After speech therapy we swung by the grocery store and bought a special treat for Adam. I also snuck a special treat in the cart for Shane, dinosaur fruit snacks. This doesn't sound like much, but trust me this treat made me the most awesome mom of the year in Shane's eyes. Shane LOVES dinosaurs and LOVES fruit snacks. The joy in his eyes when he saw that he could have both at the same time was so sweet.

When Shane and I came home after running errands later that afternoon Adam came up and asked to steal Shane away for 20 minutes. I was so completely confused. First, Adam NEVER asks to take Shane off my hands; second, Adam NEVER willingly takes Shane down into his "man cave." At dinner time, they presented to me their creations: two homemade valentine's cards. Adam helped Shane make is very first Valentine card!

These are the best Valentine's Cards I've ever gotten. 

Later that night Adam and I cuddled up on the couch and watched Arsenic and Old Lace. It is an old black and white halloween movie with Cary Grant. Why did we watch a halloween movie you ask? Well, because for our very first date Adam took me to the play Arsenic and Old Lace. As handsome as Cary Grant is, I enjoyed the play with Adam more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...