Shane has finally started saying real words! We have known for awhile that he is fluent in Russian ;), but in the last couple of weeks Shane has broken out a little bit of English. He actually says 3 words. He says Dad, Cheese, and Jesus.
I am still a bit in awe; I guess in the back of my mind I was skeptical that Shane would ever really start talking. I mean other kids his age are mastering the alphabet, names of colors and a lot more. Sometimes I think Shane is the smartest kidlet around and other times I wonder if he will be able to start kindergarten on time. I am starting to think that maybe it is just because he is a boy. There are many extremely intelligent males in this world, Adam included, but it isn't all that uncommon to see them do dumb things that bring into question how many brain cells they really have, Adam included (Adam even admits to this). So, that might be Shane's lot in life, that of an intelligent, successful young man who just might forget to use his brain on occasion. I am perfectly okay with that. I married a man like that and I love him very much!
Okay I absolutely love this post. You are so funny! I'm glad he's saying a few words - it took L forever, and then FINALLY he picked it up. It's so much fun to hear their voices!
ReplyDelete