We bought a real Christmas tree. This was actually our very first Christmas tree since being married. It was really exciting to me because I grew up with real Christmas trees each Christmas and have always loved them, the way they look and especially the way they smell.
Sadly, this is the only other picture we took on Christmas day. We video taped opening presents and stuff, so we completely forgot about taking still pictures. But don't worry, we did have a great day. Shane didn't really understand what opening presents was all about, but as soon as he figured out that toys were inside, he was very excited and motivated. He even started helping Adam open his presents.
(He doesn't look happy because I stole him away from his toys.)
(He doesn't look happy because I stole him away from his toys.)We had our special Ham dinner Christmas Eve, which meant yummy stress-free left overs on Christmas. Shane didn't dig Thanksgiving dinner, so I was a little concerned we'd be feeding him cereal or something, but he absolutely LOVED the ham. He ate a little bit of everything else we made too.
Christmas was quiet, but absolutely wonderful. We sure did miss our family though. Happy New Year Everyone!!
What a beautiful tree!!! I am glad everything worked out. Just reading about your ham made me hungry!
ReplyDelete