"There never was a man like Shane."

So, upon naming our son Shane, Adam just HAD to watch this movie that came out in the 1950s. Of course it is available at your local library. I have never really seen a real western before and the fact that you can get this one from the library was NOT encouraging excitement. However, Adam couldn't stop talking about the movie and would call me from school to see if the library had called to say it was available for pick up. So, I had to watch it with him and see what all the hype was about.
I have to admit the movie was interesting. It certainly made me laugh (the movie would be nothing without little Joey). Very few things can persuade me to watch the movie again, but that is probably because I am not really into westerns. To its credit, it did win an oscar and was nominated for others. Also, Adam loved it! He said it was a classic western that everyone should see. Something else I must admit: I will probably be quoting this movie for the rest of my life and will probably end up watching it again a few years down the road when Adam convinces our son it should be his favorite movie.
okay, I'm convinced. Now I've got to watch it. Eric really likes classic westerns. Some of them are better than others in my book. Ever seen McClintock with John Wayne? That one is HILARIOUS! and Silverado has to be the best western I've seen to date. You'll have to check those out sometime... when you need to impress Adam with your masculine sensitivity or something. ;)
ReplyDelete