Wednesday, September 3

Hello Again!

No, we have not dropped off the edge of the earth. Yes, sometimes it feels we have. ;)

Remember a couple posts ago where we were debating between 3 places? Yeah, forget all of that. Adam didn't match, so he scrambled to apply to the last few open positions (CRAZY process). He got an offer in Baltimore, Maryland at Union Memorial hospital. Totally not on my radar! I was shocked and might have had a panic attack or two. We took the offer and are now living in Baltimore! Small clincher: it is only a preliminary year which means our contract is up at the end of the year and we head back to the match process to try to match to a permanent resident position. So, we are in limbo land again. However, I personally think this limbo is much better than the last.

Anyway, Adam is in full swing with his job at the hospital and busier than ever in his life, physically and mentally. He carries a lot of responsibilities and pressure everyday, but he seems to be handling it well. Pretty much he works and sleeps and occasionally eats, squeezing family life somewhere in between all that. Other than having to earn the paycheck, I'm pretty much on my own with everything (even church on Sundays). I thought having Adam work through medical school was hard, which it was, but not as hard as this. However, I've decided I am grateful for Adam working through school because it has made me more prepared for this portion of our life than I otherwise would have been. With all that is going on though I can gladly say that we still love each other and no one has killed anyone...yet. ;)

We are still trying to settle in, make friends, and explore the area. Each month gets easier. We've done some hiking, biking, museum hopping, etc. I have to admit I am really excited about seeing the strong history in this part of the country. In fact one year is definitely not long enough to see everything, so I'm kind of hoping Adam will match here next year (he'll at least try) so we can stay put. Although we miss what we called "home" in Ohio, we are really enjoying it here in Baltimore so far. There is a slight culture shock here because it is dramatically different than any other city I've lived in, but we like it.

Since I haven't blogged in FOREVER. I'm going to do a "best of" picture marathon. Ready for this?

December
Christmas Jammies


January

February


March


April


May
Mexico and Graduation


June
Playing in the rain


July
Trip to D.C.


August gets its own post.

Later.







1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture marathon! The kids are getting so big. I must come out and visit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...