Anyway, in my recent walk down memory lane through picture files, I realized I have about 3 months of pictures I forgot to post. They are all from the summer and we are desperately missing the Sun around here right now. We Smiths apparently don't like being cold (no I'm not a desert lover like Adam, but I did grow up in a very mild climate). We can handle it for a little while, but the extra cold days we've had in The Ohio this winter are really pushing our tolerance threshold. So I thought I'd post 3 days of "summer lovin' " just to renew our hope that winter will eventually end.
A little update first:
Adam - Is finishing up his 3rd year of Medical School. He is still holding on to his job, which as you can imagine makes him a VERY busy person. He has to decide in the next few months or so what area of medicine he wants to pursue. He is heavily leaning towards general surgery, however hesitates to fully commit to that decision because of the intense time commitment it requires, and therefore family time it takes away. His second option is pediatrics.
Shane - Is finishing up pre-school and thoroughly enjoying it. However, he is SUPER excited for kindergarten and tells me often how hard he is going to work so he can be smart like daddy. Course when we tell him he'll be in school for AT LEAST another 13 years, he thinks we are crazy and says no way. :) Current interests include: super hero action figures, super hero books, super hero movies, super hero clothes, etc., etc., music and snuggling. (I guess I need to work on variety in our house).
Makenzie - Wishes she could go to school with Shane everyday. Talks like a 4yr old, but struggles sometimes to understand what is coming out of her own mouth. (Sometimes I feel like she's a pre-teen already.) Likes to do things her own unique way and stubbornly holds her ground. She flips from happy to life-ending sadness and back again with the flip of a switch. Whenever something bad happens she apparently just can NOT go on. Fortunately, you can flip that switch right back by simply offering to read to her (as long as you let HER pick out the books). When she is happy, boy-howdy is she happy and the most fun, cutest gal to be around! Current interests: Anything Shane is doing (as usual), Dora, princess dolls, baby dolls, or pretending anything else is crying/needs a nap/diaper change, oh and not eating hardly anything.
Me - Trying desperately hard to FINALLY finish my undergraduate degree. While trying to take care of two kids also, that makes me a pretty busy person as well, but mostly tired, stressed, frazzled and rarely getting out of our pajamas (people at Shane's school are starting to comment on how Makenzie always accompanies me in her pjs; so shoot me.) I should be done by the time Baby #3 comes along in June; just in time for some much needed rest that I won't be getting :) Current interests: (not that I have time for them) upgrading my house from what Adam calls a "state of emergency" to a comfortable, livable abode, eating cheese cake, genealogy.
Summer Lovin' Pictures (Day 1): Birthdays
In June Makenzie turned 2. She is now soon to be 3. In some ways she has changed a lot and in other ways not even one tiddlywink.
She can definitely put on the charm.
But don't expect it to come without a tantrum :)
In true Makenzie fashion, she always does things just a little differently.
(That quality is both incredibly endearing and a bit annoying) :) Love her.
(Yes we wrapped her presents with Christmas paper. She didn't notice.)
In August Shane turned 4. He has his own way of doing things too, but I'm never surprised by him. Maybe its because I just "get" him. He's definitely my mama's boy (at least for now). He requested strawberry cupcakes for his birthday (after my own heart).
Day 2 to come: Pictures from summer visits from family





Adorable. The picture of Makenzie screaming is hilarious, though I'm sure you didn't think so at the time.
ReplyDelete