Tuesday, February 26

Summer Lovin' Day 2

In June, July and October we had my parents and Adam's mom come to visit. It was the first time my dad and mother in-law have been able to visit since we moved here almost 5 years ago, and the third time for my mom. When my dad came in June is when my camera started really acting up. I took a lot of really cute pictures of my dad and the kids and I lost almost all of them! I sporadically lost pictures every time I used the camera for the next few months, so by the time my mom came in October I had given up trying to take pictures. So, no pictures of my moms visit sadly.


The kids loved having Grandpa Curzon here. Grandpa took them out to fly Shane's kite for the first time, and Shane was in heaven. Grandpa also took them to the park, the play place and played on the floor with them with their toys. I quickly lost my status as the go to person for hand holding and snuggling :)


In July Grandma Smith came to visit. Grandma Smith had been serving a church mission in Texas for the last three years. While we had been able to visit them a few times, this was her first time be able to come to our house. We had lots of fun just hanging out, reading stories, and going to the Beach. Adam's dad has some ancestors that are buried up in Cleveland so I thought it would be fun to go up and look for the graves. We didn't end up finding them. (We think they are covered up with grass.) To make the long drive fun for the kids we hit up a beach on Lake Erie after we gave up on the graves. The kids LOVED it. The water was warm and shallow, and the sand was soft and fine.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Shane is so big!!! Where has the time gone? I miss you, friend. You are such a beautiful, amazing person.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...