Monday, June 13

Where We've Been

I've neglected our blog for awhile now. Where have we been? No where exciting (if only we were in BoraBora, aaahhh). Actually, it is rather dull. It's mostly been a lot of "Worst Mom Ever" days. I've been dealing with a lot of stuff (yes, very technical. That's how I roll) for the last few months. I finally feel like I am bouncing back and gaining control of life again. It feels so good to have energy to actually get off the coach.

So, here is what we've been up to:

February/March
Adam turned 27
I got released from my church calling
Drove 17 hours with the kids by myself to visit Adam's parents in Texas
(The drive went better than expected and it was SOOOO worth it!)




April
Adam finished his last test for his 2nd year of Med school 
(On to studying for step 1 of the board exams. 
Adam is SOOO excited to be done with book work)
Adam got accepted to the OSU Fisher College of Business for his MD/MBA program 
(He'll take a break from his MD stuff to do an internship this summer and classes in Sept.)
Celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary (we are still in love <3)


May
I turned 25
Adam visited AZ for the first time since moving out east. 
(He loved the sun, the heat, & his family)
Shane graduated speech therapy (he's done!)
Took Shane to his very first baseball game (he LOVED it!)
Got my very first traffic violation :(
(well, we aren't sure if it was me or Adam, but it was probably me. Lesson? Don't roll through a stop when making a right hand turn. Apparently red light cameras don't like that.)
Went to see the Barnum and Bailey Circus train & the Elephants march down the street 
(Trains & elephants - Shane was in heaven)
Adam bought a smoker and smoked ribs for memorial day - D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S
The sun finally came out and we were able to pull out the pool!!
Adam got released from his church calling.



June - so far
Makenzie turned 1!!!! 
(I am the worst mom ever and we still have not celebrated, 
but I do plan on doing fun things for her yet. More to come.)
Shane started his very first swim lessons 
(He loves everything except the face in the water part. figures)


Coming up...
Adam takes step 1 of the boards next week!! 
(We are both super nervous. But then he is free!!!!!!!!)
Enjoying more fun in the sun and water (the summer is not long enough)
Trip to AZ, CO, UT & OR - in only two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Love the update!!! i am impressed with all the details you could remember! I also loved all the pictures. YOu have the cutest kids:) GOod luck with the boards Adam and keep hanging in there Amber I remember what that was like when Scottie was studying and it was NO fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! I love all the pictures!! I can't believe you drove all that way with the kids by yourself!! You are super mom Amber!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...