I wanted to buy Makenzie a toy just for her since all she plays with are Shane's. I searched and searched for a toy I thought she would really LOVE. The problem is she doesn't really LOVE anything except the things she can't have. Last week I finally found something I thought she'd like. She doesn't play with it non-stop, but I can tell she likes it. Adam tried to convince me that I didn't need to buy her a present, but I had a hard time accepting that. After I bought this toy for her I finally felt content. She didn't get a pretty party, a fun party hat, cute 1 year old pictures in a pretty dress, or many other things I so desperately wanted to do for her, but I did go out of my way to make her a lovely cake and (eventually) buy her a fun toy. I love this girl to pieces and more than anything I want her to know that.
Even though it was like pulling teeth to get her to smile, she enjoyed herself at our little family celebration after dinner. I don't know how much she liked the cake itself because she didn't eat much, but she sure had a fun time smashing it between her fingers :) It was fun to watch her experience something new.
Makenzie has changed so much over the last couple of months! She is such a bright little girl! Here are some things she does and loves:
-75% height 25% weight
-Uses sign language
-Says at least 5 words regularly. She is like a little parrot. She tries to say just about anything we tell her. This might be totally normal, but since Shane didn't say 1 word till he was 2, we pretty much think she is a genius :)
-Always wants to do what Shane is doing. She idolizes him. I love it when they are eating lunch together and start doing silly things to make each other laugh!
-Loves to be held. For the longest time I've tried to figure why she suddenly wants to be held all the time and I still can't figure it out, but it is what she wants all day.
-She seems to be lactose intolerant
-Her favorite things in the world are the pacifier, her blanket and milk. All of those things in mommies arms and she is in heaven.
-Loves water. Shane dumps water on her head in the bathtub over and over and she just giggles.
-Does not like walking.
-Is such a drama queen. Anything different than her way results in high-pitched screaming and flailing. Shane was not like this; it's a new challenge. I can't imagine what she'll be like at age 2.
-Picks up on things so fast, probably because she watches Shane so much. The other day she picked up the toy ottoscope(sp?) and climbed up to Adam's face and started "checking" his ears for ear infections; too cute!
-She loves to drive trains and trucks around the couch with Shane
-Likes to give kisses, the men get french kisses :) (We'll have to work on that one.)
-likes to play with and lay on pillows. she thinks they are so fun.
-likes to "talk" to people outside through the window.
-she is never done eating. when we pull her away from the table to clean her up she is always grabbing one more bite. Then when I sit her on the floor she goes straight for the pieces she threw on the floor while eating.
-has rediscovered her challenge to fall asleep. seems to have such a hard time settling down
We love Makenzie so much and thoroughly enjoy the one on one time we occasionally get with her. She is so sweet and loving and can never get enough loves from us (I sure do love to give them to her).

LOL, love the tribute to Kenzie post! She is so adorable! the details you included really capture her, I think. :)
ReplyDelete"gives the men french kisses" haha hilarious.
ReplyDeleteWOW 1 already Congrats!!! I hope you are doing well and are liking your new ward. I def miss you!!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I love cake smashing! What a doll she is!
ReplyDelete