I took him to the zoo/aquarium for the first time a few days before. Shane was a bit tired when we went, but he really enjoyed watching the monkeys, gorillas, and the tiger. His favorite was definitely the fish at the aquarium. They call it the Discovery Reef. The room is kept dark with a big wall of glass where the fish are swimming in the "reef". With the lights in the water all the fish look like they are glowing. Shane loved watching the fish. There were lots of big ones so they definitely weren't hard for him to spot.

For Shane's birthday we got him some Hot Wheels cars, squirty bath toys, and "stack n' count" cups. He got the cups a couple weeks later actually because when I went to buy them, the store was sold out. He loves all of his new toys. It took a little while before he knew what the bath toys did. Now that he has it all figured out, they're the first toy he grabs when he gets in the tub. He doesn't know how to fill them up with water yet, so I do that for him.
We had a few friends over for cake and ice cream. I think Shane was too distracted by all the people to give the cake his full attention. He was thoroughly confused when we all gathered around to sing him Happy Birthday. When I gave him the cake he didn't really know what to do with it. I think it was because it wasn't cut up into small pieces like his food usually is. He just sat there and stroked it with his fingers. Adam took a fork and broke it up a bit for him and that was when he started really eating it. He definitely enjoyed it, but I think he enjoyed all the people/attention just as much because he ate the cake rather slowly.
Happy Birthday Shane!!! Good work on the cake Amber...looks like he LOVED it :)
ReplyDeleteCute!!! I loved seeing him that night all covered in cake!!! I love how he was so cautious at the beginning LOL. see you tonight!
ReplyDelete