Now for what I have been up to (ignore the bed hair, 80's colored hat and rolled up pants):
It snowed a quite a bit here about a week ago. Since we had purchased a snow shovel just before the snow hit, I had to test it out. Besides I had never shoveled snow before; for some reason I was excited, and for some reason I loved it. It was kind of therapeutic for me. It relieved stress and made me feel like I accomplished something good. On top of that, every time we went out to our car I got to bask in my snow shoveling skills (you're thinking: "skills? I didn't know skills were needed to shovel snow." Just believe me, I got skills.) One of the times it snowed, I was unable to shovel for some reason, so Adam went out to do it. (Yes, he did the same amount of work in half the time, but I focus on the art of shoveling and stress relief, not efficiency.) I have to admit I was kind of sad he took away my opportunity to shovel snow (wow, I am lame.)
I can relate to what you are saying. During the snow storm week we had (yes, it was only one week--not much compared to what you have) I went out and shoveled snow--and ice. It was quite therapeutic. It was therapeutic mostly because I was able to get out of the house when we had been cooped up all week. I know you you are probably laughing about the thought of everyone being cooped up because of snow. Trust me it was necessary--snow, then about 1 inch of freezing rain, and then more snow. Mitch didn't start cooking though--bummer.
ReplyDeleteYou Posted Yipee. I always love looking at your blog. I love shoveling snow too, I think it's because we never had to do it in Washington..and I am sure it was the same story with you in Oregon.
ReplyDeleteTake care
angie