Thursday, August 21

White Coat Ceremony

Adam started school on Monday. The week before was orientation. On the evening of the first day of orientation they had the white coat ceremony where all the medical students are presented with their white coats.

Here are some pictures of the evening. Unfortunately, my camera and I had a little miscommunication before we left for the ceremony, so there was actually a lot less battery power then I thought. This caused some problems when I attempted to take lots of pictures at a time when Adam was on stage getting his coat. I didn't end up with the pictures I wanted, so these will have to do.


Yes, the sleeves on his coast are way too short. Adam asked for a long, but they gave him a regular so he has to get it exchanged for the right one before he gets the OSU med school emblem and his name stitched on.

These are some of the 11 BYU students that are in the first year class. I only actually know 3 of them (other than Adam of course). Thanks to Angie for the picture. My lens was too big and I couldn't back up enough to get the picture.

Adam is enjoying school. The two classes he has right now are Anatomy and Embryology. His classes end by noon most days. It is a really nice schedule for him right now because it means he is normally done studying by about 5-7ish in the evening, leaving time for me. Another thing he likes about the classes he has right now is that he knows a good portion of the material already, so he doesn't have to be afraid of getting behind once the baby comes. Also, they put all the lectures on podcast, so Adam can watch them later if he misses class.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! I'm impressed with your photography skills! I can't believe that we didn't see you at the white coat ceremony! But, I am SO glad that we met you at Scott and Angie's! daniel and i love you guys! Good luck this week, with the new arrival!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...