Tuesday, June 10

Blah, Blah, Blah

So Adam and I recently got back from a fabulous trip to Mexico, but I am going to save that for a post of its own.

Adam and I have less than one month here in Arizona. We will really miss Arizona, but we are both anxious and excited about starting our life in Ohio. It is kind of limbo land for us right now. Adam only has a week and a half left at work. I am at home all day by myself trying to pack things up. Despite the monotony, there have been a few things that have been very exciting for us:

1. Adam bought a Lenovo laptop: For medical school Adam is required to have a windows-based computer and the two we currently have are at least 4 years old and almost ready to just be thrown out. So, he needed a new one that would last him throughout Medical School. Adam is really excited about his new computer because it has a lot of really cool specs, but it is also built like a rock (it has a roll cage inside and a drain for liquids if you spill on it). We got a great deal on it and saved over $500.

2. I found money in my textbook - so I got some money from a baby shower my mom threw for me in Utah and I put it in an envelope thinking I would take it to the bank soon. Sadly, it was misplaced back in March. While Adam was packing up books last night, I noticed something sticking out of one of my textbooks and what do you know it was the money I had been desperately searching for for more than 2 months. I don't think Adam has ever seen me so excited, except maybe when we got married :)

3. I sold my car - yes that old boat is gone. It is kind of bitter-sweet. Adam loved the bench seat in the front because I could cuddle up to him while he was driving. It has served us well while we owned it. But we are very excited that we were able to sell it before we moved. It sure takes a load off our shoulders.

4. We got Adam's car fixed - a while back Adam got in a fender bender that slightly crushed the front corner of our car. It was still drivable and we were driving it like that for a few weeks. Finally, we took it into the shop and when we got back from Mexico it was finished. It looks so beautiful now, almost like we got a brand new car. (I am not embarrassed to drive it anymore, ironic since I have been driving the taurus for the past couple of years.)

5. We are going to meet Pres. Uchtdorf - Adam's parents are being set apart for their mission by Pres. Uchtdorf and we have been invited to attend the meeting (along with Adam's siblings of course). We have both met apostles before, but I don't think either of us have ever met a member of the first presidency. We are both really excited.

6. 78 days to go - I only have 78 days left being pregnant! This is especially exciting to me because I can't say that I have enjoyed pregnancy as much as many women. Besides, as soon as pregnancy ends there are a lot of perks: 1. my stomach gets smaller and I can actually work at getting my body back 2. no more pain - woohoo 3. no more trouble bending down or lifting things 4. I don't have to feel like I have the appetite of a football player 5. I get a little boy of my own!! this is both intimidating and beyond exciting! I think I am officially in my third trimester now.

Pictures and post of Mexico coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...