A lot has happened since August. As most of you know Adam and I successfully moved to Arizona thanks to so many wonderful family and friends. Here are a few pictures from our road trip.
Adam and I drove to Las Vegas to pick up the truck. Why we had to do that is a long story, but it ended up saving us money.
Adam and I drove to Las Vegas to pick up the truck. Why we had to do that is a long story, but it ended up saving us money.

While we were in Vegas we tried to see the Belagio fountains. Despite waiting awhile we still didn't get to see them. So I have never seen the Belagio fountains in action.

Adam drove the moving truck throughout the entire trip. I felt bad for him because those seats were not comfortable at all.

We live in Tempe now just a few blocks east of ASU campus. The following pictures are of our apartment here in Arizona.






Adam has a lot of things going on right now. He is working at St. Joseph's Hospital as a research assistant at Barrow Neurological Institute. He really enjoys it even though he often has to work Saturdays. We were really grateful that he was offered the job. He gets paid well and is offered great medical and dental benefits, not to mention it will be great to put on his medical school applications. It is a wonderful blessing in our lives.
Adam is also working on his secondary medical school applications right now. University of Arizona-Phoenix has already offered him his first interview at the end of November. He is really excited about it. Other schools he is continuing to apply to are Harvard, Yale, Mayo, St. Louis, UPenn, Columbia, Ohio State, Pritzker, UofA, Case Western, Wake Forest, and one more I can't remember.
In addition to those things he his taking his biochemistry class at ASU and his last class (writing) independent study. To top it off he was called as the Elder's Quorum secretary a few weeks ago.
I don't have nearly as much to do as Adam, especially since I finished my independent study history class just a few weeks ago. It has been hanging over my head for months and I finally finished it. I ended up with an A- in the class. I was pretty proud of myself. Now all I am doing is finishing up classes at Mesa Community College. I will transfer all my credits back up to BYU to graduate in August '08.
I was called as a Primary teacher a couple weeks ago. I am kind of the on call substitute for now. I actually taught a class a couple Sundays ago. I substituted for the CTR 5 teacher. It was interesting. Just after we started class all the kids needed to go to the bathroom at the same time. So we went. The two boys had a hard time coming out. Not sure what they were doing, but from the hall it sure sounded like they were having fun : ) I finally got to starting the lesson just a few minutes before I was told there was 5 minutes left of class. I have no idea if the kids will remember the lesson, but at the end one of the boys said thanks and he hopes I come back to teach them again. I wouldn't mind another chance to teach longer then 8 minutes. When I am not substituting my job is to help out with a 7 year old boy named Dustin. He is the cutest kid in the world! He has developmental problems. What exactly he has they are not sure, but they know it is not autism. His mom comes into primary everyday to help him out. They want to give her a chance to go to Relief Society, and Dustin a chance to work with someone else other then his mom. So I get to be Dustin's buddy throughout primary! I think it will be a very rewarding experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment