Wednesday, August 28

Sabbatical

Adam had the month of August off to study for his second medical school board exam. He desperately wanted to spend the month in his home state of Arizona. He says the sun and desert "recharge" him like the sun recharges Wall-e the robot, haha. With how hard he works at school everyday and how much I love his family, I couldn't say no. So we drove 35 hours to Arizona. The drive was AWEFUL, but the visit was super fun!

We played with cousins, swam in the pool, went hiking (sort of), had lady's night at the cheesecake factory, had a fun birthday celebration for Shane and other family members, and more.


We also blessed Tessa in Adam's parents ward. We've never had so many family members attend a blessing for one of our children before. It was pretty great! Even Adam's Uncle Lane and Aunt Pat were there. The dress Tessa wore was a dress that Adam's mom wore when she was a baby.


The clinical part of Adam's test was in LA. So we spent a couple of days there playing at the beach together. Our good friends Nicki & Nathan live in LA and let us stay at their place even though they were out of Town. Our view was spectacular! Thanks Nathan and Nicki! 


We had so much fun, but we are also happy to be home now. 
Now I just have to let my friends know I still exist, haha.

3 comments:

  1. Tessa is a doll in her blessing dress and I adore the family pic of you guys from the blessing! Glad Adam could go to the desert and "recharge." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Updates! And now I finally know what Tessa looks like! :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your beautiful Tessa...and thanks for sharing "the recharging!" Love you guys, Auntie CJ

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...