I came across a new blog today that I want to share. It is http://telltheirstory.blogspot.com/
The author collects old photographs of people from anywhere she can (thrift stores, garage sales, estate sales, ebay even.) She then researches their history using whatever information she has.
Her whole purpose is to find living relatives to give the photos to.
If the author can't connect the photo to a living relative, she posts it on this blog with all the information she has, asking anyone who thinks they might be related to contact her.

I think this is amazing. What a selfless thing to do.
Reading this reminds me of how important our ancestors are, especially as individuals. They are not just dead people we never knew or a list of names to take to the temple. They are human beings with lives and stories just like us. Stories with lessons we can learn from.
Ok so maybe they dress funny and have never known electricity, but they are the reason we have the opportunity to experience life.
Fantastic blog! Thank you for sharing
ReplyDelete