Monday, July 20

New Skillz & Funny Faces

Shane has been able to stand by himself holding on to things for a long time now. He has also been able to pull himself up, but only on the dishwasher and the bottom step of the stairs. Shortly after getting back from visiting Adam's parents in Dallas (more on that in a later post), Shane figured out how to pull himself up on to everything else, except his crib. I knew it would come soon and one day when I walked into his room to get him up from a nap this is what I found:

Every time I go to get him up from his nap now he is standing up, just waiting for me. The rare times I catch him still sitting down he immediately jumps up with excitement.


With all his new skillz, Shane now climbs on anything and everything. If you don't want him to climb all over you, don't sit or lay on the floor next him; you will become a human jungle gym.

Shane loves pulling himself up to the dishwasher. He likes to play with the things on the door and roll the tray thing (very technical term) out and in. I've caught him a few times trying to pull himself up on top of the door, but he couldn't quite get it (I wouldn't let him anyway). Well, I was doing dishes the other day and he hadn't tried to climb on the door in a long time, so I figured it was safe to let him play so I could finish. I turned my head for a split second and bata-bing-bata-boom. What I learned: With boys nothing is safe :D

Shane was just playing on the floor one day and I thought I'd take a few pictures. He might be learning what a camera is all about because every time I tried to take a picture he'd give me a big cheesy grin, squint his eyes shut and throw his head back. Then he'd just look at me with a straight face. If I held on to the camera, he'd do it again.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the dishwasher picture! It gave me such a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Granny J and Grandpa - Your descriptions are so perfect that we can hardly wait to see the next picture. On the dishwasher need to be blown up to a poster - it was so precious. Love your blogs. Love Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, he's getting so big. I loved all your pictures and I really hope we will be seeing you soon :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...