Monday, January 19

It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't. ~Barbara Kingsolver


Shane turned 4 months old on December 22nd. He had a check-up with the Doc and more shots. He weighed 14lbs 10.5oz and measured 25" long. He is now 3 days away from being 5 months old and boy have things changed in the last month.

Things Shane has accomplished in the last month:
1. Laughing - we are still trying to figure out if there is a way we can MAKE him laugh or if we just have to wait for it.
2. Smiling more than ever before
3. Laughing and smiling in the bathtub and other times when he is naked - I think it runs in the genes of the Smith family that the men just like to have their pants off.
4. Sits up with just a little help
5. Babbling & squealing like we have never heard it - he doesn't even fuss anymore in the morning when he is hungry. He just starts babbling, assuming that we understand it to mean "mom come feed me."
6. Grabbing - he understands he has hands and can grab things that touch his hands, but he is still working on the concept of reaching. He just doesn't know what he is capable of yet.
7. Teething - or so we think. Lots of drool, chewing on fingers 24/7, not sleeping through the night, strange new eating habits. Those normally mean teething, right?
8. Sticking his tongue out - He likes to play with his tongue now and touch things with it.
9. Spitting - not just the cute saliva bubbles babies do. This is intentional spewing of saliva. He seems to really enjoy himself.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! It has been WAY too long since we've seen you!!!!! I can't believe how fast Shane is growing up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPEE,
    I am so happy that you posted!!! I love all of these thing about Shane how fun... He is still so totally adorable.
    Plus it was fun to hear about all of your Christmast adventures!!!
    I am so happy you and Adam are here...it is so nice to have good friends like you.
    love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...