Wednesday, April 18

Spring Break

You know, something about studying for long hours in a dark basement and being trapped inside with whinny kids makes you want to get out of the house. So for Spring break we got out of the house!! Sometimes Adam and I can be a lot of talk and no action when it comes to family trips/outings, but Adam was totally gun-oh this time and really helped get us all out the door. Thank you Adam!! 

Our stops where the John Johnson Farm, Historic Kirtland, Ohio, Niagra Falls, Palmyra New York (Hill Cumorah, Smith Farm, BoM Publication Site), & Fayette NY. Kind of a whirlwind trip that wasn't exactly child friendly all the time, but it was so much fun! As awesome as all the places were that we went, the highlight was having Adam 24/7 for three days! It was so nice to have a husband again ;)
Did I mention the weather was amazing?!! It was March, but we had sunny skies and 70-75degree weather.  We were also the only ones there at every site (apparently it is normally cold and snowy in March), so when Makenzie would throw a fit or run around with her 'head cut off' we didn't have to worry about it too much.

The kids' favorite was Niagra falls - less restrictions :)
My favorite was probably the Hill Cumorah (Come on! I was standing in the same place as Joseph Smith AND Captain Moroni, that is pretty cool!)
Not sure if Adam had a favorite. He doesn't tend to have a favorite of anything. He just likes everything. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow Amber! Looks like you guys had a great time! Your family is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy yourselves. Your kids make awesome faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a trip! I'm glad you got some quality Adam time. As always, your kids are so dang cute! You look good yourself too! I like your long hair.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...