Wednesday, December 30

Blowing Off Steam

Disclaimer: I imagine no one will be interested in reading this post, but I needed to vent some frustration. Thanks.


I have had the WORST shopping experience this holiday season. Part of it might have to do with the fact that I was shopping late in the season, but stores have just not been there for me lately. I left for Arizona the day after thanksgiving and didn't come home until the 13th of December. I really didn't have a lot of opportunity to shop until a couple weeks before Christmas.

After I got home, Adam and I went out and bought a Christmas tree. We needed some lights, so I go to Wal-mart. They were completely out of lights, so I go to Home Depot, also out. After many store trips and phone calls we find that every single store in town was completely sold out of Christmas tree lights, except Big Lots, which had maybe 10 boxes left. We got lucky.

Once our tree was set up, I was feeling pretty confident that the rest of the shopping would be easy. I looked up where to buy Adam's gift online and went out to buy it. The first store didn't have it in stock. Fortunately, I could count on Lowe's to carry BBQ equipment. That was lucky considering it was winter. I totally didn't think of that when I planned his gift. Next, I go to look for Shane's gift. I was looking for a toy truck about six inches long. It couldn't be a dump truck because he gets annoyed when he puts his hand on the back to drive it around and dumper part falls back and it won't drive. Besides, we already have a dump truck. Also, I didn't want a fire truck or ambulance unless it didn't make sounds. (Sirens being played over and over and over again get annoying really fast). I went everywhere I could think of that would sell toys. I even had the courage to go to Toys R Us (that store is crazy, especially right before Christmas). None of them had what I was looking for! Adam ended up finding a little cement truck at a toy store in the mall. It wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but it was the best option. I was so relieved when Christmas shopping was over. It was a nightmare. I hate going store to store hunting for stuff. It gives me a headache. Now I know why my uncle likes to do most of his shopping online.

Christmas is over, but apparently my shopping nightmare wasn't. It has been snowing here lately and I decided Shane needed some snow boots so he could play outside in the snow. My first choice was Wal-mart (practical, Wal-mart has everything). They didn't have anything for kids Shane's size. So I go online to Target.com. They had something that would be perfect! They didn't have his size online, so I head to the store (the internet claimed the stores had them). First Target store: out of stock. They only had pink left. Second target store: out of stock. I asked an employee when they would get more. He says they are discontinued. Their doing spring stuff now. Stupid stores!!! It is snowing outside. You are supposed to carry snow boots, helllooo!

So this same scenario repeats itself when I look for a basic thermal Roman Shade for the window in Shane's room (I really want to replace the sheet I have pinned over the window right now.) I found one (literally one, only one left) at one target store, but they only had chocolate and tan; I wanted Navy. So I go to the other target store near by, none. So, I go back to the other store and settle for the chocolate. I come home and it is 2" two short. And guess what! Yup, they are also discontinued. Few stores sell roman shades in my price range and are hard to find anywhere right now because of the stupid blinds recall. I am starting to think that sheet will be hanging over Shane's window for a long time.

AND the shopping nightmare stories don't end there. I think I have given up on all stores!

2 comments:

  1. There was a prediction early on that stores would sell out of items because they were not stocking up on as much this year due to the economy. That early prediction didn't help you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your disclaimer and it made me what to read your post even more! I am sorry about the shopping problems! I always hate when I am looking for specific things and can't find them. Somethings I think I do my best shopping when I am not planning on shopping at all....like when I am just looking or window shopping. I am excited to see you soon. It feels like forever with us being out of town at different times.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...