Monday, July 28

The Belly

So for those of you who are wondering what I look like here are some pictures. Sadly, Adam and I have not been very good at documenting my growth, partly because I hate getting my picture taken and partly because I hate being big.

Anyway, this picture is me (in my super cute maternity swimsuit) at about 28 weeks right before going to Mexico.


This picture is at about 34 or 35 weeks. Adam took this just a week ago or so. The shirt kind of makes it hard to see, but I am bigger. It seems like I've grown a ton, but it is probably less than I think.

Everything is going really well, besides being completely uncomfortable and tired almost all the time. I had my first doctor's appointment since moving to Columbus. She did an ultrasound to see how everything was going (I hadn't seen a doctor in a month and a half). I would put up pictures, but they aren't very exciting ones. Apparently he has long legs, a small abdomen and an average to possibly slightly larger than average (I am trying to stay positive) head. After looking at my records and the ultrasound she said everything seemed to be pretty boring, which I was expecting but still happy to hear. After my next appointment, I will start seeing her each week until I deliver. I am really happy with the doctor I picked out. She is very nice, smiles a lot, is a little more talkative about stuff I may experience (which I like because my doctor before never said much), and she has a bit of a sense of humor about her profession (which I really like, it makes the whole experience a little less stressful).

I am definitely ready for this pregnancy thing to be over. It is hard for me to realize that once it is over I will actually have a little kid of my own, one I can't hand over to another parent when I get tired of him. I have kind of been hit with the feeling of "oh no, what have I done!" There are plenty of reasons that come to my mind of why I want a kid and then plenty of reasons of why I don't want a kid. However, I kind of hit the point of no return a while back, so I have been trying to enjoy the time I have left with just the two of us and also focus on the reasons I WANT a kid. I am always feeling one of two ways: it's not coming soon enough or time is running out/I need more time. All of these battling thoughts and feelings are starting to hurt my head.

I will try to remember to take another picture when I hit 37 weeks and then shortly before I go to the hospital.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are so cute, and so tiny. I will post a new photo of me soon to mine so you can feel less sorry for yourself. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhh you're so cute! Your suit is cute and so are you and so is that little boy inside you! I can't believe how fast time flies....maybe not as fast for you :) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you take your hand and cover the area that is your baby belly, you will see you are very slender still! You look just as beautiful as the day you got married.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...